Care tips For Nylon Carpet Mats and Coir see below
Nylon is a stain-resistant material, but occasionally the carpet may become spotted or stained. Home remedies such as dish detergent and water, white vinegar and water, lemon juice and club soda can help lift stains from nylon carpet fibers. Please check out my carpet cleaner recommendations below.
T.Davis Recommendation Carpet Cleaning solution’s:
Resolve carpet cleaner
409 carpet/spot stain remover
Oxi Clean carpet cleaner
Basic Cleaning Steps: How to clean your carpet after a spill:
- If you want to make your life a little easier, take your mat to your local carpet cleaner . If not please follow the instructions below. This is for Nylon carpet material ONLY.
2.Immediately scoop up as much of the spill as possible. -do not rub—area with clean white cloths to remove excess moisture. Use a wet/dry vac if spill is large ( see below ).
3.Apply warm—not hot—water and blot with clean white cloths. Repeat until no stain is evident on cloth. If stain remains on carpet, make a solution of (1/4) teaspoon liquid dishwashing detergent to 1 cup warm water. Using a clean white cloth, apply the solution to the stained area and let soak about 5 minutes. Rinse with clear warm water and blot to remove excess moisture. Repeat until all detergent is removed to avoid resoling.
- Be mindful of the weather conditions; snowstorms ,heavy winds and rain. Be sure to bring your doormats inside for protection.
Lightweight BISSELL Spot lifter Power brush Handheld Deep Cleaner $40-$60 at your local Lowe’s or Walmart.
- Handheld deep cleaner eliminates stains from carpets
- Includes rotating brush and removable brush cartridge
- 18-ft cord allows for extended reach without having to unplug
- Dual Power Brush uses double the cleaning action to lift and remove stains and dirt
- Sprays, suction cleans and dries in one simple step
- Removable brush cartridge makes cleanup a breeze
- Lightweight 4.1-lb design provides easy portability
- Shake out heavy debris outside.
- Use a stiff bristle brush and water to scrub away any stubborn dirt, mud, or stains.
- Lay flat or lean against a wall to dry.